August 21, 2009

viaduct




One of my favorite roads to ride on a nice evening is the viaduct. Your right at rooftop level.. city on one side
the sound on the other. At the far end is a tunnel that goes under the city streets for a few blocks, the corners are pretty tight. Like the corners on the Pasadena freeway.. they wouldn't build corners like that now. The rubber marks go all the way up the wall, some are at least 6 feet up. I haven't seen anyone actually get up on the wall but I've heard the stories. Sadly the viaduct is being torn down and like most of the things I liked about Seattle.. it'll be gone too. A long tunnel will be built as a replacement that will go underneath the entire length of the waterfront, maybe the new tunnel will be fun to bomb through as well but this view from a motorcycle skipping along the edge of the city will no longer be.

5 comments:

Chris said...

I do enjoy these 'on the road shots' do you pull out a compact camera and snap away or have a camera mount?

t said...

I've been borrowing Nikki's little point and shoot for these last ones. Fits in my pocket. I just hold it in one one hand, luckily I haven't dropped it.
This road on the viaduct is pretty bumpy where the different sections connect
there is a little rise every 50 feet or so you kind of bounce along so it was interesting.

BCM said...

Between this & the Cashmere day trip your making me dislike suburbia even more than I already do.

t said...

You got the year round riding weather there.. can't knock that.

Chris said...

Cheers t