September 8, 2009

Gaku's New 51



Got back from Davenport this afternoon after 2 1/2 days in the truck. I've driven across the country a few times but I always forget the sheer magnitude of how big it is. 2 1/2 days and we were only a little half way across the country.
I didn't find much at the swap meet and nothing I was looking for even though there were over 900 vendors there. Most things were really overpriced.. you'd go around the corner and find the same thing for half what the other guy was selling it for. Some guy wanted a 100 for a ratty old king and queen seat... and also a 100 for a Wassel molded tank. Too high..Gaku found a nicer one for 20 a little while later... and I found a king and queen for 17 later on as well. When the swap meet was closing up the 100 dollar versions were still there. The sweetest buy of the weekend was Gaku buying this barn fresh 51 Pan .. I was excited and I wasn't even buying it! Nice one Gak!

No comments: