October 24, 2009

I was at this opening for a store that has had some stands and tables made in our shop. The store has a lot of things that you might find at a swap meet or estate sale. They find all this random stuff then sell it all in their store for big bucks. Who buys this stuff for the prices they sell it for? I don't know. They did have this working cutaway engine model there and I sat there and watched it working away for a while. I love these things. It's like watching a fountain or something.. soothing.

2 comments:

DoubleOhTwo said...

Hey, if I had pots of cash I'd buy that emchanical fountain and stick it in my mad ass imaginary barn in the country!

Sideburn Magazine said...

I caught the mechanical bug from a cut-away Land Rover engine aged 14. All the cut edges were painted red. The glistneing oil had some intoxicating effect too & I was hypnotized in a matter of seconds. Apparently there's no cure. I tried to break the spell by playing with Cindy Dolls, but it didn't work out.
BP